ECS HAS BEEN INSTRUMENTAL IN THE INITIATION OF OUR ASBESTOS/HAZARDOUS MATERIAL ASSESSMENT PROGRAM.
Kevin McQuillan, Acting Assistant Superintendent, West Springfield, MA Schools
Air Quality/Industrial Hygiene
Indoor Air Quality Assessment
Whether it involves the investigation of water damaged building materials for indoor amplification of mold growth, bioaerosols, volatile chemicals, or suspect building materials containing lead-based paint or asbestos, we have the professionals needed to develop creative and cost effective solutions to complex indoor air pollution problems.
ECS assists clients with:
- Evaluating IAQ conditions to determine potential sources of IAQ complaints
- Adjusting Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Systems
- Complementing abatement contractors by providing pre and post-testing services
- Designing, installing and maintaining remedial systems at sites impacted by vapor (chemical solvents) intrusion into occupied spaces, originating from exterior source(s)
ECS provides IAQ services to a wide range of clients including:
- Elementary, Middle and High Schools
- College and Universities
- Municipal Buildings
- Military enclaves
- Commercial Facilities
- Single and Multifamily Residential Housing
ECS offers the support of several licensed and certified individuals including the following personnel:
- Certified Asbestos Inspectors
- Certified Asbestos Management Planners
- Certified Asbestos Designers
- Certified Asbestos Project Monitors
- Certified Industrial Hygienists
- Certified Environmental Trainers
ECS’ staff has considerable experience in managing and performing destructive and non-destructive suspected asbestos-containing material (ACM) surveys at sites ranging from single structures to multiple locations.
Our asbestos consulting capabilities include:
- Experience in performing nationwide and local surveys
- Asbestos survey database development
- Compliance experience with the OSHA asbestos standards
- Air monitoring and abatement oversight
- Operations and maintenance (O&M) plan development
- Employee training programs
- Satellite phase contrast microscopy laboratory set-up
Based on information gathered during an asbestos survey, ECS has extensive experience performing asbestos management services prior to or during asbestos abatement operations. These asbestos management services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparation of specifications for asbestos abatement
- Bid walk and contractor selection
- Monitoring of asbestos abatement contractor activities for the project duration
- Conducting area and final clearance air sampling for the project duration
- Final inspection upon abatement completion
- Preparation of a final closure report
- Preparation and review of asbestos Operation and Maintenance Plans
ECS also offers a full spectrum of initial and refresher training courses in the asbestos field.
Lead Paint Services
Our licensed lead personnel write technical specifications for residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal renovation projects concerning the abatement of LBP and lead in soil. Additionally, ECS assists contractors in complying with OSHA’s Lead in Construction regulations under 1926.62 and other applicable health and safety regulations.
The types of LBP inspections ECS is capable of conducting include:
- Portable X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) testing
- Wipe sampling for settled lead-contaminated dust
- Paint chip sampling
ECS’ Health and Safety training professionals also offer a full spectrum of initial and refresher training courses in the lead field, including initial and refresher training for Deleader Workers, Supervisors/Contractors, Construction, and Awareness.