ECS provides innovative and practical geotechnical engineering solutions and recommendations from the preliminary design phase through the completion of construction for new facilities and upgrading of existing facilities and structures.
The very best in engineering, materials testing and quality assurance.
ECS has a team of highly qualified engineering, field engineering technicians, and administrative support personnel. Several members of our engineering staff hold advanced engineering degrees and are licensed in multiple states. In addition, many of the technical staff are certified by the American Concrete Institute (ACI) as Level I Concrete Technicians.
ECS maintains its own fleet of drilling equipment and operates a full-service laboratory with the capability to test soils, aggregates, concrete, and asphaltic concrete.
ECS' geotechnical engineering services are overseen by David A. Schmidt, Director of Geotechnical/Construction Materials Testing and Branch Manager of the firm's Memphis, TN office. Mr. Schmidt has over 35 years of experience in the management of environmental, geotechnical, and construction materials testing projects. He is a registered Professional Engineer (PE) in 32 states.
GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING SERVICES
A wide range of geotechnical engineering services are offered to owners, developers, design engineers, and architects. A fully equipped laboratory, coupled with qualified professional staff possessing specific knowledge of the local subsurface conditions, ensures that each project is completed in a cost-effective and accurate manner. ECS senior staff members have experience in the completion of geotechnical investigations at a variety of industrial, commercial, residential, institutional, and retail petroleum sites.
Geotechnical engineering services include:
- Development of earthwork specifications
- Drilling and preparation of Subsurface Exploration Report of Findings/Recommendations
- Forensic inspections (excessive structure settlement)
- Foundation analysis
- Foundation inspection
- Grading consultation for problem soils (such as wet soils)
- Laboratory services
- Pavement design and evaluation
- Shallow and deep foundation design
CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS SERVICES
ECS provides construction materials testing and inspection services on a full-time or on-call basis. Larger project sites can be equipped with a mobile materials testing laboratory stationed at the job site. Highly qualified and experienced inspectors support the quality control requirements of each project. Each inspector receives the necessary training (i.e. radiation safety) and certifications (i.e. ACI) prior to being assigned to a project. All testing and inspection equipment is owned and operated by ECS.
Construction materials services include:
- Asphalt batch plant and pavement construction inspection
- Complete laboratory testing of soil, concrete, and asphaltic concrete
- Concrete batch plant inspection
- Concrete strength testing, mix design, and evaluation
- Field inspection and control of masonry construction
- Mortar, block, and brick testing
- Proof rolling observation
- Rebar inspection
- Slope indicator studies
- Soil cement mix design
- Soil compaction testing and inspection
- Subgrade evaluation