Electrical generation, transmission, and distribution is perhaps our nation’s most important industry. Losing electrical power in the 21st century can have a devastating effect on our economy, security, and personal wellbeing. ECS has been partnering with electric utility companies for years helping them produce and distribute electricity while maintaining high levels of environmental compliance and stewardship.
Our services to the electric utility industry include:
- State and Federal environmental compliance audits
- Inspections for, and preparation of 40 CFR 112 Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure Plans (SPCC)
- SPCC Training
- Preparation of Facility Response Plans and Oil Contingency Plans,
- Emergency Spill Response Management
- Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA) regulation management related to Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs)
- Environmental oversight for hydroelectric generation infrastructure upgrades
- Electric substation decommissioning including management and disposal of PCB impacted soil
- Electric substation and power generation facility building material inspections
- Tier II Reporting and Waste Reduction Reporting
ECS knows the electric industry very well and support our clients during major storm events that threaten to knock out power to thousands, and help them navigate all the environmental regulations that are applicable to their daily operations. From spill prevention and cleanup, to preparation of compliance reports, ECS has properly trained staff who know the intricacies of this complicated industry. We proudly play our role and help electric utility companies operate in compliance without impacting their bottom line.